Digital Signal Processing Engineer
Graf Research is hiring Digital Signal Processing Engineers. We are open to candidates at multiple levels (Entry, Senior, Principal Engineers) as determined by experience and the number of “should have” and “nice-to-have” qualifications below.
- The X-factor: the ability to recognize the problem that is not yet solved and envision the solution that does not yet exist.
- US Citizenship
- Willingness and ability to pursue US DoD security clearance
BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics
Proficient in signal processing algorithm design and embedded DSP development
Strong mathematical background with MATLAB experience
Good development flow and code management skills coupled with the ability to work both individually and in distributed multi-disciplinary development teams
Verbal and written communications skills
- MS or PhD in a related field
- Experience conducting research programs and publishing research
- Expertise with FPGA development, embedded DSP development, multi-threaded programming, SDR hardware platforms, GNU Radio, HDL Coder, X-MIDAS, VHDL/Verilog, C++, and python
- Hacker mentality and knowledge of defensive and offensive security methods for signal processing and communication systems
- Ability to lead agile development teams
- Current US DoD security clearance
Location - Our preference is Blacksburg, VA, but based on what is allowed by our sponsors, very strong candidates may be able to work from home or from forthcoming expansion offices
Travel Requirements - No specific travel requirement, but candidates capable of traveling to perform technical presentation and customer interaction tasks will be given special consideration.
Graf Research Corporation does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran, or any other basis protected by law.