FPGA Digital Design Engineer
Graf Research is hiring FPGA Digital Design Engineers. We are open to candidates at multiple levels (Entry, Senior, Principal Engineers) as determined by experience and the number of “should have” and “nice-to-have” qualifications below.
- The X-factor: the ability to recognize the problem that is not yet solved and envision the solution that does not yet exist.
- US Citizenship
- Willingness and ability to pursue US DoD security clearance
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Proficient FPGA development skills for Xilinx, Intel/Altera, or Microsemi devices using Verilog, VHDL, and/or high-level languages
- Knowledge of FPGA and computer architectures
- Good development flow and code management skills coupled with the ability to work both individually and in distributed multi-disciplinary development teams
- Verbal and written communications skills
- MS or PhD in a related field
- Experience conducting research programs and publishing research
- Verification skills using testbenches/simulators/test pattern generation, assertion-based verification, model checking, and formal Boolean logic equivalence checking
- Design build and test scripting experience (e.g. via TCL)
- ASIC design experience
- Knowledge of hardware Trojan detection methods
- Hacker mentality and knowledge of defensive and offensive security methods for microelectronic devices and/or computers and networks
- Hardware and firmware reverse engineering skills
- Software engineering skills
- Experience developing electronic design automation software for digital test and verification
- Strong mathematical background
- Ability to lead agile development teams
- Current US DoD security clearance
Location - Our preference is Blacksburg, VA, but based on what is allowed by our sponsors, very strong candidates may be able to work from home or from forthcoming expansion offices
Travel Requirements - No specific travel requirement, but candidates capable of traveling to perform technical presentation and customer interaction tasks will be given special consideration.
Graf Research Corporation does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran, or any other basis protected by law.